about 1 month ago
Logistics Support Officer
6-month fixed term contract - Banbury, Oxfordshire.
Salary negotiable + benefits.
We have a new opportunity for a Logistics Support Officer. Working with the Materials Planning and Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for liaising with customers to ensure accurate scheduling information is received. The role will be the first point of contact for customers to ensure the continuity of supply and communication.
Due to an expansion of the department and an increase in projects, a Logistics Support Officer is required as soon as possible.
As the Logistics Support Officer, you will be required to:
- Analyse customer schedules on a weekly basis and plan accordingly.
- Participate in internal and external quality focus within area of responsibility.
- Participate in 8D's, problem solving and risk management.
- Participate in training and development programmes and share knowledge with the wider teams.
- Comply with Health and Safety and environmental policies, IATF 16949 and COSHH Risk assessments.
- Monitor 'plan versus actual' and report in daily briefings.
- Manage and communicate with customers.
- Use the escalation procedure for any issues or concerns including Quality downtime.
- Manage transport requirements including special transport.
The Logistics Support Officer should have the following skills or experience:
- A background working in production planning, scheduling or logistics.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- A continuous improvement and safety mind set.
- A background working for a Tier 1 automotive supplier would be preferred.
- A good understanding of automotive moulding and assemblies would be an advantage.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Logistics Planner, Logistics Coordinator or similar and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.