Job Title: Logistics / Export Engineer
Contract Length: 6 months
A Logistics and Export Engineer is required to join a leading supplier to the automotive industry, on a six month inital contract based in Telford.
- Manage customer packaging requirements at new product introduction.
- Define and cost inbound and outbound transport strategies.
- Create shopfloor packaging instructions.
- Support customer portal requirements for packaging changes.
- Map flow of materials across site to define best in class delivery processes including Minimum Reorder Points, Optimum Stock Levels, Packaging Densities and Indirect Labour Utilisation.
- Link material requirements and production planning to flex stock levels and reduce line side inventory.
- Use and train 8 waste principles to highlight areas that can be improved.
- Use mathematical models to simulate improvements and allow cost benefits vs capital expenditure to be reviewed.
- Simulate employee movements, optimise flow and mathematically validate solutions.
- Define simple solutions to ensure employees are working in the most efficient and ergonomic way.
- Use Standard lean techniques to optimise and combine work flows where possible to reduce capacity levels of operator manning.
- Training in relevant CI tools such as Yamazumi, Ishikawa, PPS, Man Machine Cycle Analysis.
- Involvement in shop floor layout alterations and work with engineering team to implement.
- Create action / timing plans that can be used to measure implementation progress.
- Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, Company policies and procedures.
- Identify and manage contractors in both specification and delivery to project timelines.
- To ensure conformance to IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 procedures.
- To carry out any additional duties that they may be reasonably expected to perform.
- Degree in Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering or equivalent relevant qualification
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to summarise and present projects to senior management
- Manufacturing operations background, preferably automotive
- Competent user of Microsoft Office IT tools
- MTM Time Study Trained with industrial experience
- Proficient in Auto CAD
- Experience using Visio or similar Process Mapping Tools
They offer you excellent opportunities for growth and development, ensured through regular meetings focused on feedback and a diverse training program.
If you are interested in this position and feel you have the suitable experience, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.