- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Logistics
- Contact: Dan Plimmer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446 174
- Expiry Date: 03 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60145
Birmingham with regular UK travel
Up to £50,000, car, 12.5% bonus, pension matches up to 7%, Life insurance 6 x basic salary, 25 days holiday, flexible working from home.
This global fast paced, manufacturing organisation is a leading producer of specialist metals. They provide innovative solutions to the aerospace, automotive, beverage can and other specialty markets. They are connected by a global network of complex supply chains and transport hubs across the UK and Europe. You will be collaborating with key stakeholders in Northern Europe, ensuring continuous flow of goods.
The business has asked us to assist in the recruitment of an inspirational and impactful Logistics Leader to manage the inbound and outbound transport volumes within the UK and into Europe, the organisation uses all forms of freight transport, road, rail, sea, and air.
This position demands excellent relationship and communication skills as you will work closely with the supply chain, procurement, and production facilities across the European network.
You will also work in partnership with their 3rd party logistics provider and warehouse operator. This is a key position within the organisation, as you will be expected to look at creating improvements in the business, especially within the SAP system.
As Logistics Leader, these are the major activities of the role:
- Hands on experience in daily logistics operations and material flows, including people management
- Working with and across multiple functions, including supply chain, production and procurement
- Logistics management at middle level with primary focus on inbound/outbound plant and intercompany logistics
- Warehouse management experience
- Third party management experience (warehouse outsourcing)
We are keen to talk to candidates who have the following experiences:
- Relevant experience from similar position in the manufacturing or logistics industries
- Relevant degree, Engineering, Supply Chain or Logistics
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft packages
- It is essential you have SAP knowledge
- Tech Savvy to foster automation improvements
- Ability to communicate at all levels in an organization
- Process development and Training skills
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.