Logistics Engineering Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000, Car or Car Allowance, Bonus, pension,
We are currently seeking an experienced Logistics Engineering Manager on behalf of our client in Northampton. The organisation is a market leader and currently the largest supplier of kitchen and joinery products in the UK
In this new role you would be responsible for all site engineering duties for the National Distribution Centre (NDC) operations and the engineering requirements and development of their 2 650m sq foot purpose-built logistics site Including:
- The site contractor and general facilities management.
- Fire safety, technical and environmental legislative compliance and procedures.
- Facility engineering management for their warehouse project.
- NDC & J15 transitional requirements, projects and automation solutions.
- Ensure that all facilities are compliant to Legislation and standards, with special respect to Security, Safety Health and Environmental management.
- Supervise multi-disciplinary teams of staff internal and external including maintenance, grounds and contract workers (e.g. IT/Quality ect.).
- Develop, implement, maintain and police effective contractor control, Engineering, Maintenance procedures and Group Standards.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Plan for future development in line with the Strategic Business Objectives.
- Lead and coordinate teams as required to cover various areas of responsibility.
As Logistics Engineering Manager, it is desirable you have the following qualifications and experience:
- A degree or equivalent experience in an Engineering / Facilities discipline.
- NEBOSH or equivalent safety experience.
- Strong decision maker who has a successful track record in Engineering / Facilities Management in a large organisation.
- Must have excellent Team working, influencing and inter-personal skills.
- Highly motivated and flexible leader to cope with the changing demands within a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to performance management and develop people.
- Proven project management, budget and financial control is essential.
This is an excellent position, with a true market leader in its field and one where there will be genuine career progression for the right candidate. If you feel you can add value to the position, please apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.