about 2 years ago
Seeking a Logistics Engineer to work within the Operational transport function within the Global Inbound Logistics organisation.
The purpose of the Global Inbound & Packaging Optimisation and Planning organisation is to identify and drive development of cost, service, and lead-time on a tactical (short -mid-term) level.
- Drive carrier performance together with operation and works for continuous improvement
- Drive tactical carrier performance review meetings every month together with IBL & PO Operation EMEA.
- Take active part in implementation of carriers.
- Generating of freight bills based on transport orders
- Deviations in the self-billing process
- Confirmations of SAP Purchasing Requisitions
- Checking of invoices based on valid rates and actual shipping volumes
- Preparing of claims and documentation of invoicing discrepancies
- Communication of claims and coordinating clarification with stakeholders
- Following-up on credit notes
- Run Bank Holiday Planning process with carriers and Plants to secure right adjustments in lead time and pick up days.
- Drive and run volume and capacity planning with carriers and Transport Purchasing to secure that we have the right set up in our systems and that it is tracked and followed up continuously.
- Developing tools, models and processes for continues improvements.
- Ensure through constant improvements that area of responsibility meets the targets (budget, lead-time, frequency, utilisation, quality and benchmark costs).
- Align with overall objectives and secure implementation results.
- Communicate and align all activities with internal stake holders.
- Interface between central functions, local plants and contracted logistic parties.
- Carriers are introduced and trained to timely and correct.
- Maintain up to date material for carrier implementation, instruction and training.
- Establish and Drive Tactical Carrier Meetings (incl performance, sales, business update, volumes, capacity, strategic changes and bank holiday planning)
- Financial performance within your area of responsibility is correctly and continuously tracked and interpreted Reporting of findings from performance tracking
- External providers are being paid according to contract (where applicable
Skills and experiences required:
- University degree in logistics, business or equivalent competencies
- Strong analytical skills and interest
- Skilled in using PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience of transportation management or Plant Logistics
- Project management experience is an advantage
- Good understanding and experience of Transport Management System (TMS), 4Flow Vista and transport network is meritorious
- Experience in Access and Sharepoint
- Experience from Logistics in automotive industry
- Experience in data management and business analytics
- Experience of freight contracts and freight cost management
- Knowledge of carrier's operations is meritorious
- Fluent in English, any other language is beneficial
- Team player and good social abilities
- Strong Networking abilities
- Analytical and structured
- Service minded and Co-operative
- Creative and problem-solving mind-set
- To be firm and have an ability to drive continuous improvements
- Be able to stand stress
- Result oriented
This is a 6-month contract based in Gothenburg, Sweden and offering competitive hourly rates.
Apply today! Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment as soon as possible.