£25.00 - £30.00 per hour
over 1 year ago
Up to £30.00 p/h Ltd DOE
Seeking a Logistics Engineer to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks and buses.
Based in Ghent, Belgium you will be working for Service Market Logistics which is part of the Groups operation that helps to design and optimise the supply chain for all Group brands.
The scope for Service Market Logistics includes making sure that material is transported to the production facilities, that packaging is available, that vehicles are distributed to the dealers, and that management of material, warehouses and distribution ensures the availability of parts everywhere in the world.
The Logistics Engineer has a continental responsibility for a portfolio of suppliers delivering to the central warehouses in Gent and Lyon. With overall responsibility of the relationship with a number of suppliers.
- Parts availability at central warehouses
- Supplier delivery performance
- Backorder recovery
- Supplier development
- Escalation of suppliers
- Optimisation of inventory levels at central warehouses
- Responsible for executing and actively participate in improving the material planning process
Key skills and experiences:
- University degree and demonstrable experience in Logistics/Supply Chain management
- Good knowledge in the complete supply chain from Customer to Supplier
- Experience in stock management systems, SAP preferred
- OD/VPS/Problem Solving Methodology experience
- Good knowledge in MS Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- English, fluently spoken and written, additional languages are advantageous
- Action driven and efficient with a great personal drive.
- You are not afraid to pick up the phone and challenge suppliers and other stakeholders and like to work towards set targets in an international environment
- You will report to Manager Material Planning
In return we can offer you a 6 month contract with a leading manufacturer offering excellent rates of pay and the opportunity to gain international experience.
Interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY!
Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert to discuss further.