£33000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + Benefits
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Logistics Engineer
Salary Range: £33,624 - £42,000 plus benefits
A Logistics Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
A Logistics Engineer is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of all related logistics processes, machinery & equipment, storage concepts, among other things.
The job duties of a Logistics Engineer are to design and implement successful logistics solutions.
The technical skills are defined in 8 key areas:
- Data purification & analysis
- Warehouse storage and process design
- Assembly point-of-use (POU) design
- Machinery & equipment design/ selection and procurement
- Workforce & equipment planning
- End to End logistics process design
- Inventory transfer & rearrangement planning
- Integrating supply chain knowledge into the solution design
In addition, it is expected that Logistics Engineer has a working knowledge of the local warehouse management system and can integrate this into the overall design of the facility.
- University degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or related subject and/or Equivalent experience within a logistics or manufacturing engineering.
- Strong PC Skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & AutoCAD).
- Knowledge in a warehouse management system e.g. SAP
- Plan for Every Part (PFEP) awareness.
- Point of Use Design within a manufacturing or industrial assembly environment.
- Implementation of kitting solutions within a manufacturing or industrial assembly environment.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Please contact James Tilley for more detaiils.