- Sector: Automation & Controls
- Function: Logistics
- Contact: Jon Blaze
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446184
- Expiry Date: 27 May 2022
- Job Ref: 61343
Fantastic Opportunity to transform the UK logistics operation of a major Global Manufacturuer oif automotive components using your stablished digitalisation and automation experience in a logistics setting.
My Client is a tier 1 automotive supplier providing state of the art technology in a just-in-time environment. The manufacturing operation carries out a wide variety of processes to produce components to some of the worlds biggest and most prestigious OEMs. The UK plant supplies customers in the UK, Europe and internationally.
Advanced technology is at the core of the company’s operations. As well as innovative products, it also has a factory automation division, recognising the challenges that need to be addressed both internally and by its customers, both automotive and other sectors, suppliers and competitors.
The innovation approach taken by the company begins with its people, employing creative minds with the passion and commitment to drive the business forward. Innovative solutions, products and technologies are core to their philosophy whether it be in products, manufacturing, logistics or customer service. This is an exciting opportunity to join the business in a pivotal role as it develops and implements its digitalisation strategy.
As part if their plans to digitally transform their business, a vacancy exists for a Digital Transformation Project Manager to work in their distribution centre. Transformation of the centre using technology such as AIVs and next generation warehouse management systems will be key to the role.
Central to the role, your key responsibilities will include:
• Identify new and innovative technologies which will contribute to the digital transformation.
• Define the scope of projects and produce business case for approval.
• Demonstrate both tangible and intangible benefits of each project including Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Human and Management.
• Engagement with key stakeholders within the business to drive initiatives forward.
• Planning and implementation for each initiative or project.
• Lead and develop members of the Production Control & Logistics team.
• Educated to degree level.
• Proven track record of Project Management within complex end to end logistical and supply chain operations.
• Experience of leading and delivering key projects within a logistical and or operational environment.
• Understanding of WMS / MRP / ERP systems and methodologies.
• Some understanding and or, experience of digital transformation within a complex logistics/distribution or manufacturing environment.
• In depth understanding and experience of digital transformation within a complex logistics/distribution or manufacturing environment.
• Educated to post graduate level.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.