£24.35 - 24.35 per hour
about 1 month ago
Job title: Logistics Design Engineer
Salary Range: £24.35 per hour (Umbrella)
Hours: 37.5-hour week Monday to Friday
Location: Springvale, N Ireland
12 month contract working for a leading Equipment manufacturer.
A Logistics Design Engineer is required with expert knowledge of design and implementation of all related logistics processes, machinery & equipment, storage concepts, Point of Use Design among other processes for our Integrated Logistics projects.
Candidates with a solid logistics design background, Strong PC Skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & AutoCAD) and knowledge of warehouse management systems e.g. SAP will be well received.
Due to expansion this equipment manufacturer client based in Springvale, Belfast requires an experienced, dynamic, leading Logistics Design Engineer to undergo a 12-month contract role. As a Logistics Design Engineer you will be required to:
- Design and implement successful logistics solutions, utilizing technical and soft skills.
- Data purification & analysis
- Warehouse storage design & manufacturing point-of-use (POU) design
- Machinery & equipment design and procurement
- Workforce & equipment planning
- Logistics process design
- Inventory transfer & rearrangement planning
- Integrating supply chain knowledge into warehouse design.
- Use of the WMS and integrating this into the overall design of processes.
In addition to technical skills, a Logistics Engineer must demonstrate the following values based competencies (VBCs): integrity & trust; building inclusive relationships; customer focus; problem solving; priority setting; and dealing with uncertainty.
- Although the requirements above describe most of the responsibilities, due to the breadth of issues that arise on projects, it is sometimes expected that a Logistics Engineer take on other responsibilities outside of this job description.
- Implementing and sustaining significant improvements in internal logistics
- Analysing material flow, creating process maps, and warehouse layout designs
- Work with manufacturing engineers to trial new concepts of material delivery
- Work with quality assurance to maximise handling efficiency whilst maintaining product quality
The Logistics Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- University degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or related subject
- Candidates with lesser or no qualifications should have significantly more experience in a logistics or manufacturing engineering environment
- Experience as logistics engineer or manufacturing engineer
- Strong PC Skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, & AutoCAD)
- Knowledge in a warehouse management system e.g. SAP
- Implementation of kitting solutions with manufacturing environments
- Point of Use Design in an industrial Assembly environment
- Plan for Every Part (PFEP)
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of design and implementation of warehouse and logistics. In return for your experience, this Springvale, Belfast manufacturer will offer you:
- 12 month contract position
- £24.35 per hour (umbrella)
- 37.5-hour per week
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now If you have knowledge of Logistics/Warehouse Design within a high-volume manufacturing business.
If you have any questions about the Logistics Design Engineer role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.