Competitive Plus Benefits
about 1 month ago
Logistics Coordinator - Global Manufacturer
Salary: Very Competitive
As a Logistics Operations Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day activities for the Stowmarket & European production operations, driving both cost and process improvements.
Supporting other Logistics functions on site, you will collaborate closely with warehouse and transport contractors to ensure Customs compliance, Export compliance and ADR regulations.
- Own the relationship with transport contractors both from Stowmarket and Genk holding regular reviews.
- Be the first point of call for customer service & manufacturing teams for logistics activities.
- Arrange shipments & transport for internal and external customers according to the agreed timelines, producing the relevant transport documentation.
- Monitor transport provider's performance and key performance indicator calculations.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all shipments in the required format and in a timely manner, including pre-invoicing checks and final reconciliation.
- Analyse data and trends on logistics processes (i.e. claims, transport flows, frequency, size, etc.) to identify improvement areas & opportunities.
- Liaise internally with the relevant Stowmarket and Genk teams to plan shipments to meet agreed delivery lead times.
- Proven experience in a customer facing export environment - a background in transport would be preferable.
- Detailed knowledge of export documentation and customs requirements.
- Financial, budgetary and commercial awareness with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent excel, reporting and data analysis skills.
- Practical experience of working on cross functional change management projects whilst maintaining customer service focus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
If you are interested in the Logistics Coordinator opportunity, please click on the link to apply. Alternatively you can contact me directly on Oliver.Smith@jonlee.co.uk
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.