- Sector: Additive Manufacturing
- Function: Logistics
- Contact: Gemma Skidmore
- Contact Email: Gemma.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446121
- Duration: permanent
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 07 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61107
Salary: Very Competitive
Our Client operate and innovate in more than 70 countries, serving customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. They are currently looking for a Logistics Coordinator to co-ordinate and manage day to day activities for their Stowmarket operations, driving cost and process improvements. You’ll support logistics functions on site, liaising with warehouse and transport contractors and to ensure compliance with Customs compliance, Export compliance and ADR regulations.
Job Function – Requirements
To lead the relationship with transport contractors from Stowmarket holding regular reviews.
- To be the first point of call for customer service & manufacturing teams for logistics activities
- To manage shipments & transport management for internal and external customers according to the agreed timelines – producing the relevant transport documentation.
- Accurate record keeping of all shipments in the required format in a timely manner, including pre-invoicing checks and final reconciliation.
- Daily management and improvement of the interfaces between third party transport contractors and the customer service teams for all European and Domestic transport related activities from Stowmarket to ensure service meets business requirements, to ensure Stock is controlled accurately.
- Liaise with customer service teams and with Stowmarket warehouse operators to plan shipments to meet agreed delivery lead times
- Stock Control / Stock comparison
- Drive change
- Reduction in operating costs
- Needs to be willing to travel within region
- Daily management of warehouse, transport, and customer service logistical issues
- Hold review meeting and maintain actions for transport carriers
- Process invoices using pre agreed rates checkers and maintain local finance files to track costs and deviations
What is required for this role:
- Proven experience of working in a customer facing export environment.
- Practical experience of working on cross functional change management projects whilst maintaining customer service focus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Financial, budgetary, and commercial awareness
- Take responsibility
- Learn continuously- training and a 3 month induction will also be offered.
For more information or to apply, please contact Gemma Skidmore of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.