UK and European Manufacturing
Circa £40,000, Company pension, 6 x life assurance, 25 days holiday + bank holiday, employee wellbeing plans, flexible working office and home.
This global manufacturing organisation is a leading producer of specialist metals . They provide innovative solutions to the aerospace, automotive, beverage can and other specialty markets.
The business has asked us to look for an impactful and detailed Logistics Coordinator. You will have experience of all forms of carriers and freight, including rail, sea, road, and air as the business has a vast network across Europe and beyond.
Although the organisation has a dedicated customs team, you will understand basic import and export regulations and as part of a 30 strong pan European supply chain team, this role plays a vital part in the smooth delivery of manufactured goods.
You will have knowledge of working with SAP, as this is the system that the entire business uses across Europe, plus it is expected that you have Microsoft Excel skills to advanced level and have an appreciation of data and simple analysis skills.
Organisation skills and the ability to follow process are key to you being successful in this role, you will be dealing with multiple stakeholders and offering problem solving solutions all the time.
Main areas of responsibility :
- Control of the implementation of the Near Term Plan with regards to the monitoring of the quantities to be delivered and the control of the Finished Goods stocks at the location and in the external warehouses.
- Create, update and implement departmental processes and the associated KPIs.
- Area controlling and representing the shipping management
- Responsibility for environment protection, occupational safety and quality in accordance with the overall business strategy within your position.
- Active participation in improvement activities such as workshops and improvement projects.
We are keen to talk to logistic professionals with the following experience :
- Competent in project work
- Green belt qualification desirable
- Quality awareness
- Knowledge of occupational safety and environmental issues
- Excellent excel and SAP working knowledge
- Ability to leading and working in groups
Areas of work responsibilities:
- Processing and scheduling of shipping orders by truck, rail, sea and air freight.
- Creation and provision of all documents required for shipping: delivery notes packing lists, forwarding and transport orders, labels, certificates, postal papers, customs papers, invoices.
- Advise the shipments to the respective forwarding agents and plan the freight space.
- Monitoring the timely and appropriate order processing.
- Preparation of papers for rail transport; web applications
Export and Customs Activities
- Handling of customs formalities and handling of customs filing.
- Ensure compliance with the stipulated provisions for letters of credit
- Obtaining and evaluating offers for air and sea freight and processing of the respective freight documents in accordance with the specifications of the IMS system.
- Handling of special transports
- Document scrap outgoings and draw up the associated freight documents.
- Check/arrange/confirm freight cost invoice/credit
- Memo procedures for forwarding services based on transport orders.
- Close cooperation with other departments, especially planning, quality, sales, packaging, loading.
- Develop, update and monitor daily and weekly KPIs
- Monitor compliance with the NTP plan as well as initiation of measures in the event of deviations and escalation
- Update status report plus risk analysis on shipping related topics
- Daily control of the FE stocks and initiation of measures to reduce stocks
- Escalation of process deviations and finding solutions within the location as well as with the external interface partners
- Management of priorities, emergencies, and support with root cause analysis (8D reports).
- Various transport evaluations for controlling/purchasing/EHS
- Create, manage, change and exchange process documentation for all processes (including IMS documents)
This role provides the successful candidate with huge variety within a fast paced, manufacturing and logistics environment. The position and business will offer solid career progression for the right candidate. If you feel you have the right skills and experience for the role, please apply.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.