£22k - 29k per year + Pension, 24 days holiday
01384 446 174
Permanent position, manufacturing, and general engineering sector.
Salary circa £29,000 plus benefits.
We have been asked to assist in the attraction and recruitment of a proven and proactive Logistics Analyst to work within a busy team. This well established and respected manufacturing business works with several leading original equipment manufacturers in a vitally important sector within UK and European Manufacturing. They are keen to add exceptional talent to key positions within their business, this Logistics Analyst forms part of that strategy.
As Logistics Analyst you will be supporting the logistics team by:
- Ensuring products reach customer to promise date.
- Managing haulier and subcontractor communications.
- Ensure compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Ensuring legislative compliance is met in relation to imports and exports.
- Support the logistics manager by providing cover for the store’s operation during absence.
Key responsibilities and duties
Delivering logistics excellence by:
- Liaise with hauliers, obtaining quotes and booking of transport.
- Ensuring the ‘milk run’ operates efficiently.
- Raising of purchase orders for freight activity.
- Liaising with sub-contractors.
- Liaise with customer arranged hauliers.
- Ensuring POD’s are received for all shipments.
- Requirements of both import and export documentation.
- Ensuring compliance with HM Customs Legislative requirements for import and export.
- Maintenance of commodity codes on all part numbers.
- Raising of purchase orders for subcontract.
- Support and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, quality standards and all other company policies and procedures.
Qualifications required/ desirable.
- Import/Export qualification.
Experience required / desirable.
- A good starting track record of experience in a logistics environment
- Knowledge of importing/exporting.
- Able to communicate at all levels within the business.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems
As with all logistics and supply chain positions, you will have outstanding communication and organisational skills, coupled with an ability to read data, including Excel and MRP systems.
If you feel you can contribute positively to the above role, then please apply for consideration.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.