Job Title: ILS Engineer (Integrated Logistic Support)
Location: Wimborne, Dorset Remuneration: £40,000 to £50,000 per annum
A leading global technology organisation within the aerospace sector are looking for an ILS Engineer to analyse specific equipment and contract requirements and to develop and maintain optimised Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) data and deliverables.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will support the planning, establishment and delivery of optimised support arrangements, relating to engineering and technical elements of equipment support and material logistics services.
Further, they will engage with all aspects of supportability (maintainability, material supply support, support and test equipment development, manpower, training support, technical data/publications, resources, facilities, packaging, handling, storage and transportation).
As an ILS Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree or HND/HNC qualified with relevant practical experience (aerospace/military desirable).
- Knowledge of Aerospace Standards and Specifications eg:
- DEF STAN 00-60/600 and JSP886; DEF STANs 00-40/42/44; MIL STD 1388-1/2A/2B; MIL STD 1629A; MIL STD 2165;
- MIL HDBK 471A; MIL HDBK 472; MIL STD 785; MIL STD 756; MIL STD 470; Def Stan 00-250 and MIL-STD-1472; ASD
- Specifications 1000D/2000M; ATA Specifications MSG-3, 300, 2000, iSpec 2200.
- Experience of working within a structured LCM framework.
- Experience of systems engineering processes, product development & through life support life-cycles.
- Experience of working within a Through Life Support organisation desirable.
- Experience of working to ASD Specification S2000M; ATA Specification 2000.
- Experience of working closely with technical publications, including S1000D.
As an ILS Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Assessment & development of Maintainability and ILS logistic solutions.
- Logistic Support Analysis, compilation and maintenance of support data sets in an LSAR.
- Level of Repair & Maintenance Task Analysis.
- Maintenance Programme generation & Life Cycle Cost modelling.
- Initial Provisioning Data compilation (Spare Parts & Equipment)
- Recommended Spare Parts Recommendations (including spares optimisation).
- Definition and support to development of CMS Through Life Support capability across project teams.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.