Castle Donington, Derbyshire
Up to £40000.00 per annum + Pension, Bonus, benefits package
about 2 years ago
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Specialist - Warehouse Automation
Salary: £40,000 + Pension, Bonus, Benefits Package
Location: Castle Donington Derbyshire
A creative and innovative market leader in bringing new technology to warehouse logistics the world over. Working with our customers all over the world, our client develops customised solutions and are truly at the forefront of industry 4IR.
Employing over 3,000 people across the planet and turning over more than €500m year on year. They believe strongly in uniting technological know-how with a long-established experience in diverse industries to be the key to delivering successful solutions for their prestigious client base.
Due to a significant managed service success with a growing company based in the Derby area. The opportunity has arisen for IT Infrastructure specialists with a background or knowledge of Automation / WMS / WCS has arisen in the Derby area.
These brand-new job roles will combine supervisory, technical, training and administrative responsibilities where our industry leading Warehouse Automation client will be working directly with the end customer who are one of the largest online shopping brands in the UK today ahead of and beyond the sites formal 'go-live' due in 2020.
- Ensure company's logistic operations (such as manufacturing and shipping) work properly and meet specifications measured through key performance indicators.
- Coordination with customer to fine-tune ongoing operations.
- Train other personnel to use existing or new software and integrated machinery.
- Interact with Hotline (at Global HQ) and computer systems, software, physical technology (machinery), engineers and end users to increase stability, efficiency and establish best practice.
- Increase stability - of WMS / WCS
- Increase efficiency of a .com Automated Warehouse System
- Establish "Best practice" - Change Management and Continuous Improvement Process
Professional & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT/Business/Logistics (preferred) or related field, or equivalent experience
- An understanding of warehouse operations and supply chain management
- 3-5 years related experience in warehousing, high volume manufacturing, distribution, production planning and/or transportation environment
- Knowledge of SCADA / WMS / WCS
- An engineering or manufacturing industry or similar background
- Operational experience within an automated distribution facility
- Report development skills
- ITIL Foundation qualification (preferred)
- Circa £40,000/year starting salary
- 5 Logistic Operations positions available
- Days role (Monday to Friday) with some requirement to cover out of hours
- Up to 6% matched company pension contribution
- Employee benefits package inc bonuses, healthcare, life assurance etc
- Company mobile phone / Laptop available
- Industry leading training and career development opportunities at home and abroad
- Market leading company at the forefront of industry 4.0 with a track record of been at the cutting edge of relating technology to engineering to optimise results and capability
If you come from an IT or software background within logistics / supply chain / customer service / warehousing / automation and are looking for a career development opportunity where you can liaise with a team and a resident customer on a daily basis to find ongoing creative solutions then we would like to hear from you.
If you would like more information, please 'apply' now or contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.