A creative and innovative market leader in bringing new technology to warehouse logistics the world over. Working with our customers all over the world, our client develops customised solutions and are truly at the forefront of industry 4IR.
Employing over 3,000 people across the planet and turning over more than €500m year on year. They believe strongly in uniting technological know-how with a long-established experience in diverse industries to be the key to delivering successful solutions for their prestigious client base.
Due to a significant managed service success with a growing company based in the Derby area. The opportunity has arisen for 5 Logistics Operations Professionals with a background or knowledge of Automation / WMS / WCS has arisen in the Castle Donington area.
These brand-new job roles will combine supervisory, technical, training and administrative responsibilities where our Warehouse Automation specialist client will be working directly with the end customer who are one of the largest online shopping brands in the UK today ahead of the sites formal 'go-live' due in 2019.
- Ensure company's logistic operations (such as manufacturing and shipping) work properly and meet specifications measured through key performance indicators.
- Coordination with customer to fine-tune ongoing operations.
- Handle logistical operations and machinery remits.
- Train other personnel to use existing or new software and integrated machinery.
- Interact with Hotline (at Global HQ) and computer systems, software, physical technology (machinery), engineers and end users to increase stability, efficiency and establish best practice.
- Increase stability - of WMS / WCS
- Increase efficiency of Automated Warehouse System
- Establish "Best practice" - Change Management and Continuous Improvement Process
Professional & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business and/or Logistics (preferred) or related field, or equivalent experience
- An understanding of warehouse operations and supply chain management
- 3-5 years related experience in warehousing, high volume manufacturing, distribution, production planning and/or transportation environment
- Knowledge of WMS and WCS
- Bilingual (English / German) (preferred)
- An engineering industry background complimented by recognised experience (preferred)
- Operational experience within and automated distribution facility
- Strong report development skills
- ITIL Foundation qualification (preferred)
- circa £40,000/year starting salary
- 5 Logistic Operations positions available
- Days role (Monday to Friday) with some requirement to cover out of hours
- 10% annual performance related bonus
- Up to 6% matched company pension contribution
- Employee benefits package inc healthcare, life assurance etc
- Company mobile phone / Laptop available
- Industry leading training and career development opportunities at home and abroad
This is an exciting job opportunity for an aspiring Warehouse Automation Manager or Supply Chain Manager or Site Management / Project Management professional with a good understanding of automation and supply chain integration to join a market leading automation systems provider with an array of career paths available both at home and abroad.
Alternatively, you may come from a software background within logistics / supply chain / customer service / warehousing / automation and be looking for a career development opportunity where you can liaise with a team and a resident customer on a daily basis to find ongoing creative solutions.
If you would like more information, please 'apply' now or contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.