£24k - 30k per year + pension, 24 days holiday plus bank
01384 446 174
about 2 months ago
Permanent position in the 3pl and transport sector
Salary £24,000 - £30,000, plus benefits
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm
Dynamic and modern freight and logistics business based in Redditch looking to recruit an Experienced Logistics Coordinator to work within their dedicated European Team.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Coordinator to focus within a fast-paced logistics business, right at the forefront of Brexit, Customs, import and export, delivering goods across the UK and Europe.
You will be responsible for
- Managing customer enquiries/orders by phone and email and loading them onto the system
- Booking and tracking shipments
- Sourcing and communicating with suppliers required for transport.
- Responding to customer enquiries, providing quotations, and keeping them updated as to the progress of jobs.
- Closing out job files by obtaining POD and any other required information (Purchase orders, SPTR references etc) and scanning documents onto the system
- Reviewing routes and suppliers to ensure transport is planned cost effectively and to maximise profitability.
- Ensuring clear and accurate communication with the warehouse so they are aware of returns and outgoing loads and can plan work effectively.
- Ensuring jobs are completed on the system and checked prior to invoicing.
- Ensuring paperwork is filed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Managing priorities to achieve desired results and deadlines.
- Liaising with Operations, Accounts and Warehouse
- Effective escalation of issues relating to customer requirements.
- Maintenance of system data and its integrity
- Managing and monitoring KPIs
- Ensuring all support tasks are undertaken and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Scope of the role:
It is expected you will be able to demonstrate a full understanding of the transport forwarding industry, be able to communicate effectively, be highly organised and remain focused under pressure. You must take control of the management, planning and tracking of movement of goods from A to B using methods of freight such as Hand carry, Airfreight and Road travel to achieve the result for the customer. Control and organisation are vital to the success of the position, you must bed be able to communicate at the highest level.
Key Result Areas
- Communication with customers and internal staff and managers
- Accuracy of the information captured.
- Understanding of the role
- Timely input onto the system of jobs
- Escalation of any queries or issues
- Closing out of Jobs
- System housekeeping
- Profit maximisation
- Must be computer literate including MS Office, email, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent
- CPC (an advantage but not essential)
- Sound knowledge of the Transport and Freight forwarding industry.
- Account management and development
- Good communication skills
- KPI management
- Must have a ‘Can Do Attitude’ and a desire to improve.
- Must be able to resolve and prioritise conflicting requirements.
- Good listener with the ability to resolve issues.
- Able to identify improvements and see those improvements though to implementation.
- Customer and service focused.
- Self-managing and good attention to detail
- Second language is an advantage.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Highly organised with the ability to remain focussed under pressure.
- Flexibility and a team player
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.