£27.58 - 27.58 per hour
about 2 months ago
Title: Load Space Lead Design Engineer - 37159
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £27.58 Ltd rate (which equals c£21.29/hr PAYE rate)
Load Space Lead Engineer
This position presents an exciting opportunity to become part of a unique and evolving department within Body Engineering, developing advanced feature strategies and leading content delivery across many programs. In this role you will be exposed to a variety of components, systems, suppliers and cross PD functions, playing a key part in driving robustness and quality into the cabin systems team.
Reporting to the departmental Group Leader and/or Programme Module Leader within Cabin area, working across all of the cabin commodities.
- System/Component Engineering delivery activities from PS through to Job 1 liaising with suppliers and internal customers/Stakeholders.
- Management of and liaise with other adjacent stakeholders and functions, including suppliers, to ensure system compatibility issues are resolved according to cost and time targets.
- Support system strategy development for components and features.
- Knowledge of System/Component design principles including component production techniques such as injection moulding, compression moulding, stampings.
- Good communication & systems engineering skills approach to project development and issue resolution.
- Catia V5/V6 application and delivery of system/component design from concept through to full production. Catia V5/V6 experience is essential.
- Capable of engineering complex parts and / or assemblies, with particular consideration of part to part interfaces and relationships, including CAE, DFM and DFA requirements.
- Able to demonstrate design flair and the ability to be able to engineer a range of solutions to a design problem.
- Experience of investigative tools and methods to resolve complex system issues
- Effective communicator and have strong organisational and numerical skills.
- Previous experience/knowledge of the Body Engineering environment is desirable for this role, but not essential.
- Proven knowledge of Jaguar Land Rover Product Development and business; processes and systems.
- Engineering knowledge of Body Engineering systems, component design, function, performance, production and manufacturing requirements is desirable but not essential.
Ideally educated to Degree level or have sufficient on the job experience.
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.