Job Title: Lifecycle Consultant - Aftermarket - 16 month Fixed Term Contract.
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire (with Ad-hoc travel)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, 12% Bonus, contributory pension scheme, contributory share
We are now recruiting for a Lifecycle Consultant who will play a key role in driving initiatives to support parts and service growth through product lifecycle for Aftermarket.
You will work in a team of Life Cycle consultants and engineers with broad responsibility for helping drive processes to protect and improve aftermarket parts and legacy products with focus on the New Product Introduction phase.
- This position manages large NPI (New Product Introduction) or product deletion projects to ensure aftermarket growth and deliverables are met on time, within budget, and aligned with the product strategy.
- You will positively impact existing processes and develop new repair options that drive parts sales, leading and influencing major initiatives to set direction for parts growth.
- Throughout the Lifecycle you will have responsibility for your Product group on parts branding, intellectual property, supplier agreements, design change, service, repair and overhaul.
- You will support the business cases and development of innovative aftermarket parts and service solutions utilising industry knowledge and expertise to drive to successful market launch.
- This individual will be responsible for creating total ownership cost models and producing revenue improvement analysis.
- You will implement new or improve existing solutions and processes, using key metrics to drive parts revenue and percentage of parts sales (POPS) growth.
- Responsible for managing complex global cross-divisional projects to maximise the harvest opportunity to retain customers 'in-channel' through the life of the product.
- You will work with all levels of management to identify and implement continuous improvement processes with measurable results.
- This individual will have responsibility in ensuring the service level for all parts is set correctly and reviewed to ensure maximum parts growth.
- You will have extensive knowledge, recognition and expertise to positively influence and educate all levels from product launch and through the entire product Life Cycle.
- You will work with the Engine Design, Product teams and Life Cycle Consultants to ensure Product Design reflects Aftermarket requirements.
- You will champion Built In Quality (BIQ) to drive activity to support future Parts growth.
- The position typically requires a college or university degree or equivalent experience in an Aftermarket environment.
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus.
- Must have the ability to learn and do statistical analysis and have basic computer skills.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to lead by influence and communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of NPI, Product deletion, brand, design change, aftermarket systems, processes, service, repair and overhaul solutions
- Self-starter with excellent time management, organisation, prioritisation and change management skills.
- You will have extensive Life Cycle Product Management experience gained in an Aftermarket Spare Parts and/or service environment.
- Some knowledge of parts marketing and sales functionality would be advantageous.
- You will have excellent project management skills, able to work across functions such as Product Development, Engineering, Quality, Supply chain, Manufacturing, Aftermarket, and Operations.
- Applicants must be able to cultivate an extensive knowledge of company products, aftermarket systems, processes, service and repair and overhaul solutions.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.