Lead Weights Engineer - 34844 - up to 23.59/hr - Special Vehicle Operations
A Lead Weights Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon & Fenend, Warwickshire.
Lead Weights Engineer - Special Vehicle Operations is responsible for designing and creating a portfolio of brand extending products inspired by two world famous British brands.
SVO Weight/Sustainability Attributes have a major part to play in SVO's performance and dynamic target delivery. Additional to the driven attributes, the Weights team ensure regulatory obligations for tailpipe CO2/GHG and Life cycle assessments (LCA) are met. Candidates will be required to lead, manage and champion Weight and Mass Properties target development and delivery for the SVO halo programs. The candidate will be expected to work closely with Core Weights, SVO VE and all COC's to ensure the critical weights data is of the correct robustness ensuring all targets are met.
3 KEY SKILLS
- Knowledge of whole vehicle architecture and components
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve attribute objectives and resolve issues is essential.
- Highly organised, with the ability to handle multiple vehicle programs and gateway deadlines under pressure.
- Previous OEM automotive weights experience
- Knowledge of general engineering principles relevant to the design, development, testing and manufacture of technically engineered products.
- Ability to work with technical and commercial information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential to liaising with a number of internal and external parties, and carrying out a range of work tasks.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- PC Fluent (Email, Word, Powerpoint)
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.