An experienced Lead Vehicle Package Engineer is required to join a blue chip product development company, who design state of the art products for global market.
A Lead Package Engineer is needed for the layout and Architecture development in support of Vehicle Level Design.
* Lead Package layout and Architecture development in support of Vehicle Level Design.
* Lead all or part of a vehicle package to resolve specific issues as they arise.
* Propose solutions to package issues in the interest of the product as a whole.
* Run regular Package reviews with relevant groups to record issues, assign tasks and ensure progress on priority items.
* Ensure compliance to market regulatory and type approval requirements.
* For issues not easily resolved, ensure engagement of senior management to review options and suggest a design direction
* Prepare plans and presentations for key milestone events as required
* Ensure alignment of the package layout to vehicle and system targets and to the PALS attribute plan
* Ensure timely development of package solutions to support the overall programme timing
* Lead, guide and mentor other members of the integration team as necessary.
* Work with other functional areas both internal and external to ensure system integration and compatibility.
You will have:
* A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
* Demonstrable experience in vehicle packaging or similar integration role.
* A core expertise in at least one area of vehicle engineering
* Hands on experience of running design activities in NX, CATIA or equivalent design system.
* Proven ability to lead a team of engineers, designers and analysts.
* Able to liaise with Product Design and systems engineering teams to analyse data, identify risk and work on resolutions.
* Sound knowledge of FMEA, DFM, DFA, PLM, BOMs, releasing, GD&T and APQP.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.