An experienced Lead Vehicle Package Engineer is required to join a blue chip product development company, who design state of the art products for global market.
A Lead Package Engineer is needed for the layout and Architecture development in support of Vehicle Level Design.
• Lead Package layout and Architecture development in support of Vehicle Level Design - and underbody.
• Lead all or part of a vehicle package to resolve specific issues as they arise.
• Propose solutions to package issues in the interest of the product as a whole.
• Run regular Package reviews with relevant groups to record issues, assign tasks and ensure progress on priority items.
• Ensure compliance to market regulatory and type approval requirements.
• For issues not easily resolved, ensure engagement of senior management to review options and suggest a design direction
• Prepare plans and presentations for key milestone events as required
• Ensure alignment of the package layout to vehicle and system targets and to the PALS attribute plan
• Ensure timely development of package solutions to support the overall programme timing
• Lead, guide and mentor other members of the integration team as necessary.
• Work with other functional areas both internal and external to ensure system integration and compatibility.
You will have:
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
• Demonstrable experience in vehicle packaging or similar integration role.
• A core expertise in at least one area of vehicle engineering
• Hands on experience of running design activities in NX, CATIA or equivalent design system.
• Proven ability to lead a team of engineers, designers and analysts.
• Able to liaise with Product Design and systems engineering teams to analyse data, identify risk and work on resolutions.
• Sound knowledge of FMEA, DFM, DFA, PLM, BOMs, releasing, GD&T and APQP.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.