Title: Lead Vehicle DV Engineer
Contract Position based at: Gaydon and Whitley
Lead Vehicle DV Engineer
This role is an opportunity to lead planning and delivery of the vehicle Design Verification (DV) activities for Vehicle Programmes.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders to define and own the physical vehicle DV plan creation and execution, from kick-off to Job#1 for JLR programmes.
- In conjunction with the virtual series team, champion the use of Virtual Methods and Rigs to reduce reliance upon prototype vehicles.
- Manage the plan through the programme life cycle, proactively responding to challenges which could impact vehicle milestones and stakeholders DV plans.
- Escalating issues as required.
- Define and manage prototype vehicle, tooling and consumables/spares budgets.
- Creation of Prototype Vehicle Specifications Support Prototype builds as required to ensure vehicles are built on time and to agreed quality standards in order to handover and carryout stakeholders DV
- Coordinate software & hardware updates with the vehicle users, including understanding core system changes and any impact on the Test Plan Report prototype vehicle utilisation, ensuring all our prototype vehicles are being used effectively
- Support re-use planning and de-fleeting of the prototype vehicles
- Lead and implement the vehicle camouflage strategy.
- Continuous improvement of DV process in conjunction with other managers in the team
- Excellent leadership capabilities are essential. It will be a requirement to organise and drive cross-functional teams to deliver Design Verification activities on time, to meet the required quality of event
- Experience of project planning and delivery from to within the programme delivery process framework
- Demonstrate strong verbal, written and presentation skills across diverse teams and all senior levels
- Working knowledge of Systems Engineering principles, process and execution
- Previous experience in electric vehicle programmes and prototype vehicle build processes.
- Knowledge of CAD and CAE Systems to review Engineering and Vehicle build issue
- Excellent knowledge of whole vehicle systems, product design, requirements, attributes & verification.
- Capable of expediting successful delivery through assertiveness, strong interpersonal skills, and negotiation with a wide range of engineering functions
- Well organised, highly driven, self-motivated and able to deliver under pressure with minimum supervision working collaboratively across commodities, domains and functions.
- Excellent PC skills especially with Planning tools, MS Excel and other MS office tools
- Good working knowledge of the Fleet Management Systems
- A positive, proactive and flexible attitude to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities, in order to meet deadlines
Degree in Automotive/Mechanical/Mechatronics/Electronics required.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.