Lead Test Engineer
£Competitive plus pension
A Lead Test Engineer is required to join the team who are responsible for development and validation of company technology using in-house engine system test facilities.
As a Lead Test Engineer you will be required to:
- Perform engine and system tests in the most effective way from the creation of appropriate processes and procedures to confirmation the systems meet the applicable specification.
- Failure analysis and concern reporting - test bed and rig.
- Calibration of test bed instrumentation including procedures, scheduling and tracking.
- Developing the required engineering processes to facilitate team operations.
- Specification of new test rig hardware - engine and component level.
- Ensure compliance to all verification and testing procedures and policies of the product development scope.
- Interpret results of tests based on dials and digital displays to compare with customer specifications.
- Day to day team management.
The Lead Test Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- A background working in an engineering test bed environment with experience in engine and system testing.
- Familiar with instrumentation, data acquisition systems and data management including calibration processes and documentation.
- Building and maintaining test rigs and related test systems.
- Experience of reciprocating piston engines, cryogenic systems, refrigeration or air conditioning or thermodynamics would be an advantage.
- A genuine interest in powertrain engineering and testing.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Test Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Test Engineer role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.