Title: Lead Test & Development Engineer (Agile) - 38327
Division: Engineering Operations
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £31.92/hr Ltd umbrella
Lead Test & Development Engineer (Agile)
This role is an opportunity to lead the integrated end to end planning and delivery of the prototype test assets to support the Design Verification (DV) activity for vehicle programmes.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of Prototype Asset end to end DV test planning Cross functional working to gather and challenge data Working in Agile Environment
- Excellent leadership capabilities are essential. It will be a requirement to organise and drive cross-functional teams to deliver Design Verification activities on time, and within budget to meet the required quality of event
- Experience of working in agile and excellent knowledge of JIRA tool
- Experience of validation (rig & vehicles) within key vehicle functions such as Chassis, Electric Powertrain or Vehicle Attributes
- Experience of project planning and delivery from to within the programme delivery process framework.
- Excellent knowledge of whole vehicle systems, product design, requirements, attributes & verification.
- Excellent PC skills such as MS Excel and other MS office tools especially with Planning tools
- Good working knowledge of the Test Management Systems and Fleet Management Systems
- Demonstrate strong verbal, written and presentation skills across diverse teams and all senior levels
- Experience of technical analysis and demonstration of employing best-in-class processes wherever possible
- Technical knowledge and experience of key vehicle systems and whole vehicle engineering
- Proven ability to work with technical data and combine business skills with technical decision-making
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills Knowledge of project timeline management
- Good level of IT literacy and the ability to analyse and present data using IT systems and Microsoft Tool skill sets
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
- An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
- Capable of expediting successful delivery through assertiveness, strong interpersonal skills, and negotiation with a wide range of engineering functions
- Well organised, highly driven, self-motivated and able to deliver under pressure with minimum supervision working collaboratively across commodities, domains and functions.
- A positive, proactive and flexible attitude to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities, in order to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work at different JLR sites as per programme requirements.
- An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
Relevant Degree or equivalent experience preferred
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.