almost 2 years ago
Lead Engineer- Infotainment Software Development
Recently acquired household automotive brand going through a renaissance with investment in facilities, technologies and vehicle lines. There has never been a better time to join this established and growing business.
What you will do:
Manage a small software team, responsible for design and implementing HMI and innovation concepts. As infotainment and innovation is also a part of the function, you will work together with Chief Engineer HMI to plan resources, assignments, output, and budget. Enhance associate development through mentoring, training plans, goal setting, and performance appraisals.
- Work closely with the Director/Head of Infotainment and connectivity, chief engineer HMI, innovation managers and PMO to drive teams.
- Analyse and create project requirements, software architecture, implementation detail, needed resource, needed components.
- Develop project plans and effectively communicate timing and critical paths.
- Assess needs and take initiative to determine solutions.
- Guide and facilitate project objectives.
- Facilitate a team environment.
- Manage different team members, making them accountable and keeping projects on target.
- Observe and measure project performance to determine if the project is hitting the milestones and targets.
- Involve respective departments, engineers and suppliers in key decisions to create greater accountability.
- Work to eliminate impediments to the project's success.
- Work with all departments to ensure that goals of each team are met and expectations are communicated.
- Coach and assist teams with their target.
- Own the software in house team daily operation.
- Coordinate and manage external suppliers and supplier activities related to the projects.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in CS and experience in Automotive software implementation
- Automotive software implementation
- Team Leader, Project Leader
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- C, Java, C++, Python, Jira
- OEM/supplier software team leader experience
- Must be highly organised and structured
What you will get:
- Remuneration in line with your experience
- An opportunity to join an existing company as it starts a period of growth
- Opportunity to deliver new features in to vehicles.
Please apply with current CV and detail of notice period and salary. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission, please contact me if you have any questions. Please note we are unable to accept any candidates requiring sponsorship