Lead Supplier Quality Engineer (Electronic)
Our client, a leading aerospace manufacturer of innovative safety-critical control systems based in Dorset, requires a Lead Supplier Quality Engineer (Electronic) to develop and increase supplier capability, drive root cause analysis and improve supplier quality performance.
In addition, the Lead Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for establishing and developing a supplier approval system, conducting audits and ensuring adherence to the requirements of the Quality Management System.
Key Responsibilities of the Lead Supplier Quality Engineer will include:
- Driving supplier non-conformance and root cause analysis
- Ensuring best practice is adopted within the supply chain
- Conducting supplier site visits to observe and report on quality systems and material manufacturing processes
- Participating in First Article Inspections at suppliers
- Ensuring the effective flow down of quality requirements to suppliers throughout the life-cycle of the product
- Participating in Continuous Improvement Projects
Key Skills and Experience required for the Supplier Quality Technician:
- Previous experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer with electronic bias within an aerospace organisation
- Experience within a supply chain organisation
- Proven experience within Quality Assurance with an understanding of quality tools and techniques
- Proven experience of driving root cause analysis with suppliers
- Understanding of quality standards such as AS9100
- Strong technical engineering knowledge and ability to read engineering drawings
- Excellent supplier relationship management
We anticipate that demand for this opportunity will be high, so if you feel that you meet the key criteria required for the Lead Supplier Quality Engineer, please apply today or contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143 for further information.