- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Software and IT
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 15 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59812
Title: Lead Solution Architect - 37491
Division: Information Technology
Contract Position based at: Gaydon + travel to other sites
Rate: - up to £598.08/day LTD (c. £455/day PAYE option)
As Lead Solution Architect you will be responsible for leading and shaping all solution designs across capabilities/products, utilising specialist skillsets from within the existing domains where required.
You will act as an initial Solution Architecture point of contact, proactively engaging with the Departments Product Management, Business Analysis and Project resources as well as IT Enterprise Architects. Day to day you will be required to either govern, direct or produce high quality, fit for purpose solution designs, meeting functional and non-functional requirements, that adhere to JLR reference architectures as well as current technology industry standards and best practice.
You will be in a key position to be able to provide technology consultancy to your business and IT colleagues working within Panthera. In addition you will provide design leadership to solution architects working on Panthera's portfolio of projects. As a key member of the future organisation, you will find excellent opportunities to grow and broaden your skills and experience. You will significantly contribute to the team's architecture input into the company strategy by assisting in translating business strategies and priorities into Target State Architectures and by formation of coherent solution designs, reference architectures, patterns and standards.
This role will be based primarily at our Gaydon site in Warwickshire, however you will be expected to travel between JLR sites as required.
- Proven track record of working in a complex and multi-faceted organisation using a wide variety of current and legacy IT technology components.
- Strong exposure to both waterfall based and agile/scrum based methodologies
- Proven track record as a solution architect delivering appropriate software application designs integrating cross technology solutions covering a variety of technologies.
- Relevant and current solution development experience skills covering all aspects
- Good understanding of best practices for development of secure, good quality technical IT solutions
- Strong exposure to application performance testing and optimisation.
- Capable of producing detailed designs using industry standards in accordance with established JLR patterns and policies.
- Ability to demonstrate delivery of pragmatic solutions that balance project / programme constraints against strategic direction and as required, successfully reach agree compromise with stakeholders.
- Proven ability to identify practical solutions and improvements that benefit the organisation and express complex ideas in clear business language.
- Proven ability to think strategically, analyse data and information and develop and deliver appropriate, innovative and effective solutions.
- Appreciation of DevOps, integrated development practices, Integrated Test etc 5+ years of experience as practitioner in the role of Solution Architect
- Educated degree level or above preferably in a Computing, Systems or Science / Engineering related subject.
- Knowledge of and preferably qualification in a recognised architecture framework, particularly TOGAF.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.