£30.52 - 30.52 per hour
2 months ago
Title: Lead Safety Engineer
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Halewood
Rate: - up to £30.52/hr Ltd (which equals £23.54/hr PAYE rate)
Lead Safety Engineer
This role sits in the Manufacturing Engineering function and includes the requirement to develop and deliver the zero harm ambition through deployed policies, processes and further requirements as appropriate within a construction / facility installation environment.
This role will liaise with the Corporate Safety Function to support the project delivery requirements of Manufacturing Engineering
- Primarily implementing the Principal Contractor Role (CDM2015) for all major `Construction / Installation Projects` within the UK.
- Manage input into development of Zero Harm plans and the activities to identify and manage risk at locations the role is responsible for; this will include development and use of tools and focus on physical and behavioural aspects of risk management and control.
- Within the Manufacturing Engineering function, the role will support ensuring safety compliance and governance, using centrally developed and deployed tools, ensuring compliance with all aspects of the Jaguar Land Rover management system.
- They will provide direct support in various ways and mediums to location leadership teams, safety representatives and trade unions, for the delivery the Destination Zero ambition and the strategies and tools which will assist this journey.
- This will include attendance at appropriate meetings, development and delivery of reports and presentations, support in interpretation and assistance to ensure the right levels of competency for roles critical to safety.
- Review comment and approve submitted vendor RAMS for permit issue and associated process confirmation of both Vendors and Responsible Engineers
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience of working in similar role with a proven track record of delivery of successful Health and Safety (General construction / Facilities Installation / Production Commissioning)
- Full understanding of the Principal Contractor duties as defined with the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015, with a strong emphasis on planning, coordination and cooperation & to drive world class safety performance within a project delivery environment.
- Understanding of key legislation as well as a strong understanding of industry specific strategic plans as outlined by enforcing authorities
- Proven track record within a construction / facility installation background
- Integrity in challenging Safety behaviours while balancing the business needs.
- Experience of stakeholder management and networking skills
- Proven experience of Process Development, Capability Development and Upskilling
- Experience of Business Influencing and Contracting
- Proven strong communication and negotiation skills to work with customers at all levels
- Strong analytical skills to identify how one issue can impact on another and put in place the required interventions through support or from own knowledge base
- Lead the site Safety team on high profile projects of varying scales, Implement knowledge share across other sites.
- An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- An individual with the ability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with longer term planning
- An individual who is resilient, energetic and enthusiastic, able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs
- An individual who is able to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- A good communicator who can articulate complex ideas
- An effective team player, actively leads, develops and supports team members
- An individual who enables speed in decision making through establishing alignment, clarity, appropriate resources and sense of urgency whilst bringing others along
CMIOSH affiliated or Similar equivalent
Hold or working towards: NEBOSH Diploma level Safety qualification or equivalent
Degree (Level 6) qualified or equivalent
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.