£Comp + Bens
Lead Quality Engineer
£Competitive + Bens
A Lead Quality Engineer is required to lead the introduction and implementation of the automotive quality standard IATF 16949 across the business through to successful certification. Candidates with an in-depth knowledge of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 would be well received.
Due to a growth in opportunities this company, an award-winning transmission technology specialist based in Thatcham, requires a proactive Lead Quality Engineer to define, document and maintain the processes and procedures required to comply with the standard. As the Lead Quality Engineer you are required to:
- Maintain records required by the standard, working with operations, engineering and commercial to gather and report data as required by the standard
- Manage a team of automotive SQE's with a supplier audit plan and review of the audit findings and continual improvement activity
- Planning of internal audits to be completed by the audit team to the right frequency, and managing audit findings, corrective actions
- Support assessments of the quality management system when undertaken by customers and external certification bodies such as BSi Management systems.
- Dealing with the accreditation body to report any special measures with customers
- Maintain the documented Quality Management System and undertake projects, as determined by the Quality Manager, to include process enhancement, new processes and Manufacturing improvements that improve quality & efficiency
- Manage the quality management system including ensuring internal procedures are being followed using a team of internal auditors and to host customer and certification body audits of the standard
The Lead Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- HNC/HND qualified in mechanical engineering or relevant discipline
- In depth knowledge of ISO9001 and IATF16949
- Knowledge of problem solving and root cause analysis tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Auditor Training certificate / qualification
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience of auditing of Quality Management Systems to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Thatcham based transmission technology specialist will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Quality Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead Quality Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.