Job title: Lead QMT Engineer (Inside IR35)
Role: RollingContract - until end of Dec 22 (Opportunity to be extended after Dec for 12 months)
Hours: Full Time (40 hours)
Rate: Up to £27.53 per hour Ltd
We are looking for a Lead Quality Engineer in Oxford to get hands on within a multi-discipline team.
As a Lead QMT you will be responsible for:
- Using Manufacturing process knowledge
- Managing suppliers (alongside other departments will be identifying, and nominating, new suppliers), management of critical supplier concerns, steer the supplier launch and quality departments to develop and manage the pre-serial activities in line with project milestones.
- Series work (ensuring what they are delivering in series, standards, and targets etc)
- Looking through the data that the supplier will be supplying themselves
- Manage escalations and problems associated with your supplier scope, conducting root cause analysis to determine long- and short-term solutions, and escalating issues as appropriate
- Looking at new introductions, involved in making sure the supplier is setting up for the new launch, making sure the component is right.
- Leading the team, to efficiently manage suppliers, and achieve project targets
- Approval of Assembly parts (seats) quality prior to launch and in production
As the Parts Quality Lead you should have the following skills/experiences/competencies:
- A degree (or equivalent) in Physics or Engineering would be beneficial
- Strong manufacturing process knowledge and Business Process IT knowledge
- Experience in Production quality control methods and systems, quality management systems, tools, and maturation processes
- Experience within a similar role at management level. The ability to take ownership of issues and find solutions, work under pressure, and to deadlines.
- Strong communication skills; across business functions, and to different levels of employees/stakeholders/suppliers
- German language would be beneficial.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now if you have a background in Quality Engineering, Manufacturing processes, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering. If you have any questions about the Lead QMT Engineer’s role, please contact Jordyn Disspain at Jonathan Lee Recruitment using Jordyn.firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.