£45k - 50k per year + + 7.5% annual bonus
about 2 months ago
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Project Professional to work for a leading armoured vehicle client in Telford. You will report directly into the Project Manager. The salary for this role is £40k-£50k depending upon experience and you will also qualify for a 7.5% annual bonus.
You must have extensive experience with planning, monitoring and control (PM&C) to be successful in this role and have a good understanding of one or more PM&C tools techniques and practices.
SAP experience is also essential.
As a Project Professional, you will operate one or more of the Planning, Monitoring and Controlling (PM&C) processes on an associated programme. This is a demanding role, requiring close liaison between various Engineering, Supply chain, Procurement and Project Management teams. The role requires a high level of attention to detail and personal accountability in order to ensure that the project is successful.
Significant drive and energy, strong planning skills, and the ability to deliver a diverse programme to demanding time, target cost and quality requirements are essential attributes to succeed.
The candidate must be a team player who is prepared to work with cross functional teams within and the customer community. The individual will be required to work across geographical and cultural divides to draw together a comprehensive engineering capability that will derive balanced system solutions.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce and manage project schedules for the MIV programme and be accountable for adherence to business project management processes and procedures
- Manage internal and external programme dependencies within the project schedule
- Lead the provision of project deliverables as defined by the project management plan and contract requirements
- Support the delivery and prioritisation of resource demand.
- Manage forward load planning ensuring resource and recruitment dependancies are accurately planned
- Analyse the core skills required to meet the project demand and define competency needs as required
- Monitor and control labour bookings attributed to the programme
- Define project management and engineering work packages
- Creation and management of project budget approvals and allocations
- Management of programme related risk, including the creation and management of risk and opportunity registers, provision and interpretation of scheduled risk analysis.
- Identify, maintain and progress mitigation actions for risk management
- Project reporting internally and externally
- Operate with autonomy to prevent and resolve issues, applying problem solving techniques to situations in the field of Project Management. Take requirements and data from internal & external sources, gather and analyse information
- Able to extract data quickly and efficiently from a number of data sources and present to the relevant audience
- Undertake analysis and monitoring of demand for the programme ensuring alignment to priorities, monitoring metrics and generating reports as required for internal and external use
- Ability to create and interpret Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Ability to build successful relationships and strong links with external technical, customers and professional bodies. Organising and facilitating meetings with all parties as required.
- Creation (WBS), maintenance and monitoring of projects and ad-hoc tasking on ERP (SAP) system, creating and maintaining project controls (time and cost).
- Owner of MIV Workspace, adding and deleting users, providing the correct permissions, working with functions to categorise their data, liaising with the IT team for folder set-up.
What Qualifications and Experience You Should Have
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of PM processes, procedures and systems
- Gained or working towards professional accreditation such as PRINCE2 or APM
- Previously demonstrated PM&C experience
- Good understanding of one or more PM&C tools techniques and practices
- Advanced experience of schedule management (MS Project)
- Advanced knowledge and experience using SAP essential
- Extensive knowledge and experience of using risk management principles
- Knowledge of PM&C governance and assurance processes
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders
- Administration and general office skills including spreadsheets/Microsoft packages
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and presentational
- Security cleared or the ability to attain and maintain a UK security clearance up to SC level – Mandatory
- German language (written / verbal) – Desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with Weapons System experience to work for a leading client in the industry. In return, this company will offer you:
- Competitive salary of up to £50k
- 25 days holiday
- Pension Contribution
- Annual bonus of up to 7.5% salary
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead Project Professional role, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.