Competitive Basic + bonus + benefits
Lead Project Manager – Upstream Engineering
Based in Wiltshire, the Lead Project Manager/Project Manager will need to have specific experience of delivering upstream engineering projects through the concept, research, development and conceptualisation stages, ready to pass projects through to the design for production stage.
Our client is a global technology enterprise, providing new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. Based on their growth in new technologies, their new product teams take radical new ideas and develop them into reality. They explore the limits of technology and optimise it through relentless experimenting, testing and iterating.
With activity consideration of plausibility along with prototyping and simulation exposure, this role will work closely on research project delivery. Therefore, experience of pre-production and research project/programme delivery is required.
Supporting a range of portfolio and RDD upstream projects. You will have regular engagement with Senior Leaders and Engineering Managers to secure and maintain each project setup (objectives, scope, approach, plan, governance, budget, success factors). You will deploy and maintain a solid set of project management principles, concepts and tools (processes, system and communication) enabling a proactive mitigation of Time, Spec, Cost and Resource risks. You will manage stakeholders; identifying and resolving conflicts and empowering the team to secure the delivery of their key objectives.
The products involved are variable and will include consumer goods as well as more well-defined products in the development phase. This is a proactive role and is working in a dynamic and modern environment. Skills being sought include:
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Academically strong; analytical mindset with attention to details
- Strong and clear project management principles
- Self-motivated and able to resolve conflicts, inspire teams, develop and promote Project Management principles and best practice
- In-depth understanding and application of business processes, project governance methods and operating framework
- Experience of delivering complex engineering projects
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Group products
If you feel you have the experience and interest to work within this organisation which is focused on product innovation, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (email@example.com)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.