about 2 years ago
Lead Product Manager- Motorcycles
Reporting to the head of Global Product Strategy, this role will be responsible to define and shape future product portfolio and ultimately be the translator and diplomat who unifies all people in the company and customer desires.
Working across teams with Sales, Marketing, Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Finance, you will bridge the gap and bring the voice of the Customer inside the business.
As a Product Manager you will:
- Be vested in the product. Different people within an organisation, with their own unique goals, will have different desires for how the product will develop. Your job as Product Manager is to be the glue that connects and unifies these departments as well as all interested parties.
- Represent the customer. The Product Manager must be the company's expert on how people interact with their product (e.g. through user testing, surveys, analytics) and apply this knowledge in defining the product roadmap.
- Be responsible for the assigned model(s), cradle to grave, and all lifecycle planning actions from advanced planning (full model changes) to launch of each model year.
- Define and represent the product roadmap: definitions, targets, scope and timelines. The Product Manager owns the master list of possible changes to the product, and is responsible for representing the rationale behind prioritisation. Along with product designers and engineers you play a key role in the product development process to ensure the right product is in the market at the right time.
- Develop business cases and volume assessments for your product using rigorous research and analytics in the automotive and motorcycle industries.
- Develop and maintain a Competitive Product database.
- Communicate product positioning, features and benefits to internal and external audiences such as our marketing and sales teams, creative agencies, media, dealers and consumers. Coordinate product launch plans including timing, pricing, product materials, talking points, training, etc.
- Lead and ensure the final consistency & correctness of the product specifications prior to the launch phase of the vehicle.
- Determine, implement and communicate model year change points, including sales configurations, throughout the lifecycle of the vehicle.
- Determine build-out strategies for each model year and end of the models lifecycle.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent university degree in economics or industrial engineering with a strong focus on marketing or product management.
- 5 - 10 years of Product Management or Development experience in a product driven company with a global customer base.
- An in-depth knowledge of the automotive or motorcycle market. Passion for motorcycles and motorcycle license.
- Experience of developing and managing product/feature business cases, including volume and pricing assessment.
- Proven success in all phases of the product life-cycle; identification of need, development of product requirements, product design, quality and production hand-off, launch and ongoing product management.
- Fluency in English (additional languages would also be advantageous).
- Ability to work across borders in a complex environment with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
If you want to be considered for this role, please send your details by applying now. For additional info, please contact Chiara Caterisano at Jonathan Lee recruitment.