Lead Power Electronics Engineer (Motor Drives) - Wiltshire - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is a high-profile technology and product leader and is now seeking a talented and experienced Lead Power Electronics Engineer to join a Technical Research Motor Drives Team. You will be working at the cutting-edge of drive technology, leading the development of innovative and world-leading products for the global market.
As Lead Power Electronics Engineer (Motor Drives) – You will be required to
- Be part of the team designing the next generation of power electronic systems for our clients products. Including motor inverter hardware systems and control for motor systems that can operate in excess of 100,000rpm.
- In addition you will focus on Power supply design - DC-DC and AC-DC designs, Battery management systems - design of Lithium-Ion battery management systems for a variety of products and cell pack structures, as well as development of new battery management system for emerging cell technologies.
- Ensure designs can comply with relevant EMC/EMI standards and modifying designs where needed to ensure this is the case.
- Provide thermal management design expertise of power electronics systems
- Design of both mains and battery powered electronics to meet global requirements.
- Take technical responsibility for motor drive, heater control and associated power electronics content of a project. This may expand to the responsibility for multiple small concurrent projects, supported by a number of team members.
- Demonstrate designs are safe, robust, cost effective and fit for purpose for a high-volume manufacture environment, through detailed laboratory testing, simulation and analysis
- Assist in the personal development of junior team members.
As Lead Power Electronics Engineer (Motor Drives) – You will have
- A minimum of a BEng/MEng degree (or equivalent) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Experience in motor inverter design and motor control, particularly brushless DC motors, servo or stepper motors.
- General knowledge of power electronic devices, including silicon based IGBTs, MOSFETs and wide bandgap technologies
- Understanding of device characteristics and issues with switching behaviour in real circuits, as well as power switch driver design
- Knowledge and experience of using power hybrid modules and power SoC modules (e.g. drivers and power switches in one device)
- Thermal management approaches for surface mount and through hole devices
- SMPS and linear regulator power supply design knowledge.
- The ability to take a leadership position within a project.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.