about 1 month ago
Lead Power Electronics Design Engineer – Nuneaton - £ Highly Competitive DOE
A Lead Power Electronics Design Engineer is required for a high-technology consultancy. Based in an innovative, supportive and quality driven environment, you will work with prestige and high-profile clients on cutting-edge automotive and off-highway products. You will be involved in all stages of the life cycle of inverters and other electronic products, for electrified drivetrains. From the architecture to the production, through the design and the validation. You will be at the forefront to support the various production lines, around the globe. You will be part of a team involving experts from all fields, and will need to be imaginative and creative in order to ensure the efficiency and the quality of a diverse range of electrification projects.
As Lead Power Electronics Design Engineer – you will be required to
- Lead the development of power electronic circuits (DC / DC, DC / AC, magnetic components, switching circuit, gate driver) in accordance with the principles of functional safety according to ISO26262;
- Planning and monitoring of design activities for a given product, from architecture to production;
- Define and develop the power electronic circuits that comply with electro-magnetic compatibility (EMC) standards;
- Lead calculations and simulations in order to select the components necessary for the development of the product (IGBT, SiC Mosfet, capacitors, inductors, trigger circuits) in close collaboration with electrification global design centres;
- Lead the development of the design of printed circuits considering thermal constraints and signal integrity;
- Supervise the work of technicians and assemblers when required;
- Lead design reviews of printed circuits and complete products;
- Represent the company as a lead technical expert for the power electronics domain when meeting with customers;
- Provide subject matter expertise to the research and development of new technologies for electronic products.
As Lead Power Electronics Design Engineer – you will have
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other equivalent field ;
- Extensive experience in electronics / power electronics design
- Experience in automotive functional safety according to ISO26262, an asset;
- Knowledge of Altium Designer, an asset
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and complex matrix-structured organizations;
- Confident communicator who can build rapport quickly and influence at all levels
- Sound analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively
What you will get:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects.
- The opportunity to influence some of the most ground-breaking vehicles in the automotive arena today.
Suitably qualified and experienced Power Electronics Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.