Lead Metrologist - Aerospace - Nuneaton - Permanent
A Lead Metrologist is required with experience of managing quality departments and implementing metrology equipment. Candidates with experience of the aerospace industry or similar precision manufacturing environments would be well received.
Due to the continued success and growth of this company, a globally successful manufacturer of complex precision machined components requires a business-like Lead Metrologist with experience of managing quality departments for a new permanent role. As the Lead Metrologist you will be required to:
- Manage a team of Quality Engineers and Inspectors
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities within the metrology department
- Lead the implementation of new equipment within the department
- Manage the introduction of new projects to include "scoping of work"
- Oversee the strategic plan for systems and equipment upkeep to include calibration
- Work closely with adjoining disciplines to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained
The Lead Metrologist should have the following skills or experience:
- Educated to HNC/HND Level within a relevant discipline or experienced operating within a similar role
- Knowledge of setting, operating and programming CMM equipment, although hands-on work shall be minimal
- Excellent understanding of dimensional metrology equipment
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Led and managed teams in a quality environment
- Experience operating within the aerospace industry or other precision manufacturing sectors
- New product introduction understanding and implemented new metrology equipment
- Must be an influential and organised leader with the ability to think outside the box
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of managing people within Metrology and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead Metrologist role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.