Both perm and contract rates available
2 months ago
Job title: Lead Mechanical Engineer
Location: West Midlands
Permanent AND Contract
Responsible to the Head of Unit for the delivery of Mechanical Design packages, dependent on the size / complexity of the work scope.
Delivery of technically compliant design deliverables in accordance with the Design Input Requirements.
Capable of leading a team of Design Engineers to deliver the appropriate solution from Front End Engineering to Detailed Design production.
Provide Engineering Support to manufacture right through to client handover
• Interpretation of Design Input Requirements, in support of the Principal / Responsible Engineers into fit for
• Contribution to Design Control Files
• Production and verification of fit for purpose calculations where required
• Production and verification of fit for purpose design documentation where required
• Delivery in accordance with allocated budgeted cost and timescales
• Day to day management of the Engineering design team (up to 5 personnel)
• Supervision, verification and production of design deliverables
• Design co-ordination with other engineering disciplines
• Implementation of UK H&S legislation and appropriate design standards
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures
• Incorporation of external specialist engineering design information
• Identification and inclusion of bought out plant and equipment
• Presentation and/or participation at HAZOP and Design Reviews
• Liaison with Manufacturing, Testing and Commissioning personnel to ensure design optimisation
• Incorporating the requirements of the Operating, Maintenance and Recovery features within the design.
• Implementation of Design Change Control
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- HNC Qualified (or Equivalent)
- Extensive Engineering Workplace Experience
- Nuclear Industry Experience preferred
- Management of Design teams
- Broad based experience in the Detailed Design of Mechanical Equipment
- Experienced in 2D and 3D design software packages
- Conversant with British and European Technical and Legislative standards
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead Mechanical Engineer role, please contact Shannon Harling at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.