- Sector: Power
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Lee Elwell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446154
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 14 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61949
Title: Lead Mechanical Technician
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Reporting directly to the Maintenance and Reliability Manager with direct Supervision over the Mechanical Technicians within this multi-disciplined team, managing contracts and working to deliver the day-to-day maintenance requirements in line with plant priorities whilst fully supporting the wider team on longer term solutions, outages and improvements.
Main areas of responsibility are summarised below:
- Manage priorities within a small Team of skilled Mechanical Technicians and contract support organisations to maximize plant availability and reliability whilst carrying out all activities safely.
- Ensure the team holds the correct Mechanical, Technical and Safety competencies to fulfill their roles and encourage multidiscipline learning, further development and understanding of the Safety Rules.
- Provide technical supervision of the Mechanical Technicians and provide hands on support as required.
- Carry out Mechanical staff performance reviews and ensure the agreed targets and the training needs of the team and individuals are delivered.
- Provide technical Mechanical support to the Operations, Engineering, Electrical and C&I teams as required.
- Manage the MMS to maintain, service, repair and record history of all Mechanical equipment and ensure all Mechanical activities, spares and information are correctly inputted and available for use.
- Ensure compliance with the plant modification procedures.
- Responsible for planning, co-ordination, delegating areas of responsibility to Mechanical staff and contract support organisations during outages to deliver the workscope within the duration allocated.
- Ensure the Mechanical team have undertaken all core training required to meet all departmental needs.
- Ensure the Mechanical steam are fully conversant and compliant with Company ISIs, SSIs and procedures as part of the Company Safety Rules.
- Participate in all relevant meetings to coordinate the planning of the daily Mechanical activities in line with Plant priorities.
- Manage all work entered into the MMS and ensure it is planned, allocated and completed on a priority and timely basis, with effective management of backlogs.
- All WOCs and RAMs are checked for accuracy and signed off before they are delivered to the Safety Controller for Safety Document production.
- Manage a process to ensure all Mechanical Procedures are reviewed, modified and signed off within the periodicity required.
- Work with the Mechanical/Operations Engineers to ensure that Drawings are reviewed when used and marked up and revised if incomplete or incorrect.
- Contribute positively towards a culture of multi skilling and help drive a program where all staff can achieve their full potential.
- Ensure the Quality control of all work either undertaken directly or supervised, in line with the companies Quality Management System.
- Work with procurement to ensure value for money when managing designated contracts, purchasing parts or carrying out projects.
- Actively participate in company/site HSE initiatives including the HSE forum activities and procedure reviews.
- Participate in projects and initiatives as delegated by the Management team to support other areas of the business as needs arise.
- To be ‘on call’ and fully responsive to all business-related contact calls.
- Ensuring out of hours support is available as and when required.
- Available to change working patterns were necessary in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Deputise for the M&R Manager as required and support Maintenance and Reliability Manager with adhoc duties as and when required including outage projects.
- Minimum of HND in Mechanical/Engineering discipline with a high level of practical Operational/Maintenance experience/knowledge (Qualifications below this may be acceptable if accompanied by suitable experience).
- A good understanding of all HSE aspects is a fundamental requirement, NEBOSH or IOSH qualified is preferable
- A minimum of 5 years Maintenance experience working in Power Generation or heavy industry at a Supervisory level would be preferable.
- Excellent Technical Fault finding skills, commissioning experience and hands on experience working to repair/providing on the job
- QA surveillance and supervision of specialist contractors in the following areas:- Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, High Pressure boilers and heavy duty pipework, welding techniques, heat treatment and industrial pumps and rotating equipment.
- Good ‘hands on’ practical knowledge of the maintenance and repair of all types of mechanical equipment and supporting systems.
- Has a good understanding of the system and integral parts of a modern power generation, chemical process or allied industry.
- Has a working practical knowledge in the application of the Pressure systems safety regulations.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.