Lead Mechanical Engineer - Permanent - Special Purpose Machinery - Oxfordshire - Excellent Salary
A Lead Mechanical Engineer is required with knowledge of developing technical special purpose machinery. Candidates with experience of working within high technological environments would be well received.
Due to the continued success of this company, a highly technological driven organisation requires a visionary and inspiring Lead Mechanical Engineer for a new permanent role.
As the Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will be required to:
- Oversee the mechanical design of systems and components, tool and associated jigs, fixtures and tooling
- Take a hands-on role in the design process
- Providing leadership to other members of the Mechanical Engineering team
- Mentor and help to develop more junior members
- Act as the primary manager of the workload for the Mechanical Engineering group on a day to day basis
- Conducting or playing a key role in design reviews and related activities
- Ensuring the accuracy of solid models, detailed drawings, BOMs and other documentation produced by the mechanical design group
The Lead Mechanical Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally a degree in a related engineering discipline, but other qualifications will also be considered.
- Experience of playing a lead role in the development of complex projects, ideally within special purpose machinery.
- Operated within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Manage mechanical design teams effectively.
- Must be able to undertake complex issues and providing solutions.
- Ability to guide, influence and mentor people
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of special purpose machinery within a design environment and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead Mechanical Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.