about 1 month ago
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer – Nuneaton - £ Highly Competitive DOE
A Lead Mechanical Design Engineer is required for a high-technology consultancy. Based in an innovative, supportive and quality driven environment, you will work with prestige and high-profile clients on cutting-edge automotive and off-highway products. You will be involved in all stages of the life cycle of inverters, motors and other products for electrified drivetrains, from the architecture to the production, through the design and the validation. You will be at the forefront to support the various production lines, around the globe. You will be part of a team involving experts from all fields, and will need to be imaginative and creative in order to ensure the efficiency and the quality of a diverse range of electrification projects.
As Lead Mechanical Design Engineer – you will be required to
- Lead the planning and monitoring of design activities for a given product, from architecture to production, with focus on e-drives (electric motors, inverters and other electrification products);
- Develop mechanical parts and assemblies, considering thermal and structural constraints;
- Conduct analytical calculations and collaborate with the engineering analysis CAE teams;
- Lead design, prototype, validation of new concepts;
- Lead the development through production and industrialization phases;
- Lead mechanical CAD teams for drafting and detailed drawings;
- Recommend, analyze and implement engineering changes;
- Lead the design reviews of components and complete products;
- Support and manage Track design activities and deliverables for a given product;
- Be the key contact for the company as a lead technical expert when meeting with customers, to collect application requirements and create engineering specifications;
- Manage and liaise with external service providers and other electrification tech centres
As Lead Mechanical Design Engineer – you will have
- Extensive and relevant experience in mechanical design;
- Good knowledge of mechanical modeling software (Solidworks, Catia, NX from Siemens) ;
- Knowledge of Siemens TeamCenter lifecycle management (PLM) software (or other equivalent PLM);
- Knowledge of geometric and dimensional tolerancing (GD&T);
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes for metal and plastic parts;
- Experience in mechanical design of high voltage electronic products, an asset;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and with complex matrix-structured organizations;
- Innovative with a positive, can-do mindset and attitude
- Confident communicator who can build rapport quickly and influence at all levels
- Sound analytical and organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively
What you will get:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects.
- The opportunity to influence some of the most ground-breaking vehicles in the automotive arena today.
Suitably qualified and experienced Mechanical Design Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.