- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Matt Johnson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384446116
- Expiry Date: 08 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59370
Job title: Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary Range: £25.00 per hour (Inside IR35 - Umbrella)
Hours: 37.5-hour week Monday to Thursday onsite
Location: Belfast, N Ireland
12 month contract working for a leading Equipment manufacturer.
A Lead Mechanical Design Engineer is required with experience and knowledge of leading, designing and defining processes, concept and design of electrical engineering products for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, best cost, durability, quality, and serviceability
The role requires sufficient experience to take mechanical responsibility for most special projects and delegates work to other designers, when appropriate. This involves complex designs, with associated problems for which no precedents may exist, to meet customer specifications. Working as part of a team of engineers, the Lead mechanical engineer is expected to complete most projects without
supervision. Candidates with experience and knowledge of 3D modelling using Creo or Solidworks will be well received.
Due to increased business requirements the facility in Larne, Belfast is looking for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to work within the electric power engineering team. The Lead Mechanical Design Engineer is to undergo a 12month contract role. As a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- To review new projects with respect to commercial and design implications.
- To check, approve and release for manufacture design calculations, drawings and design documentation, created by design group members.
- To provide valid designs of selected projects backed up by technical drawings, instructions and B.O.M.’s to enable the manufacture and assembly of specialist genset applications.
- Application of fluid flow dynamics for specialist ventilation, fuel and exhaust requirements for selected projects.
- Design of specialist acoustic canopies and container based enclosures.
- Application of vibration and isolation techniques
- Specification and requisition of fabrication materials, components and instrumentation.
- The recording and control of documentation issued for manufacture.
- Provision of technical support to fabrication bay/production.
- Interpretation of building services/architects/civil engineers/consultant drawings.
- To complete and maintain necessary design documentation.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of key suppliers and the materials they provide to Solutions Engineering NI.
- Developing Standard Work and Administration Instructions where and when appropriate.
- To participate in the training and career development of new designers.
- Assist with product testing and/or evaluation when appropriate.
- Represent the department in internal and external meetings.
- Remain current in technology developments and industry standards.
- Provide guidance and technical leadership to engineers and associate engineers
The Lead Mechanical Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- A University Degree in an engineering discipline plus extensive relevant job experience, OR those with less qualifications and more relevant job experience in a senior technical supervisory role may be considered.
- Experience in acting as lead engineer
- Experience of mechanical design and ability to interpret engineering drawings- sound technical background and a good knowledge of current engineering drawing practice (BS8888).
- Experience in the use of AutoCad and CREO II drawing packages or similar.
- Knowledge of noise, vibration, welding, fuel transfer, heat transfer, material science, structural or other specialist systems.
- Experience in the use FEA and CFD simulation/analysis software.
- Experience in the design of generator packages, systems and sub-systems for data centre market sector
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a Lead Mechanical Design background. In return for your experience, this Belfast based manufacturer will offer you:
- 12-month contract position
- £25.00 per hour (umbrella)
- 37.5-hour per week over 4 days
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now If you have a background in Mechanical design engineering within a high-volume manufacturing business. If you have any questions about the Lead Mechanical Design Engineers role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.