£33,000 to £37,000 + attractive benefits package
Are you a talented Material Planner seeking a new challenge? An opportunity to work for one of the world's most iconic luxury brands. With its global HQ based in Warwickshire this prestigious, heritage Automotive OEM is looking to recruit a Lead Material Planner.
You will lead a team of Material Planners to ensure material is available to support the build plan and any risks to supply are highlighted and resolved in a timely fashion to minimise the risk to production. To take the lead with problematic suppliers and liaise with the MP&L supplier development planner/CVE/Purchasing to develop corrective action plans and timings.
About the role
- Parts are available to meet minimum safety stock levels
- Risks to supply continuity are identified and acted upon to minimise the impact to production.
- Obsolescence does not result from engineering changes or new model revisions / introductions
- Where shortages arise, swift action is taken to minimise the impact on production and solutions are communicated to all impacted stakeholders
- Issue resolution for shortages that result in the prevention of repeat issues
- Ensure supplier performance data is captured and updated in SPRS for line stoppages, miss fits & arrears to support corrective action plans and supplier selection process.
- Supplier demand is forecast and communicated to the supply base; proactive discussions take place to predict and prevent issues impacting production.
- Recover costs incurred as a result of supplier failure back from the supply base.
- Minimise the need for direct deliveries (rather than planned pick-ups) and emergency shipments
- Manage the emergency delivery budget
- Liaise with aftermarket parts business to supply parts where this is commercially viable
- Extensive material planning experience
- Extensive team management capability
- Use of ERP systems
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, together with the ability to work accurately and efficiently, taking resourceful action during periods of considerable pressure.
- Automotive manufacturing experience desirable.
- High degree of MS Office knowledge is essential (with emphasis on Excel).
- Degree or Higher diploma qualified or equivalent preferable.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of leading a material planning function and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead Material Planner role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446138