Job title: Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Salary Range: £50,000 - £40,000
Industry/ Strapline: Aerospace/ Defence
A Lead Manufacturing engineer and Manufacturing engineer is required with knowledge of the aerospace industry and machining process. Candidates with experience of the Aerospace industry would be well received.
Due to company growth the Nuneaton site requires a knowledgeable Lead manufacturing engineer and hands on manufacturing engineer with offline programming experience for a new permanent role. As a Lead manufacturing engineer, you will be required to:
- Develops and documents lean manufacturing cells for new and existing cells with the appropriate processes, fixtures and tools to allow the cell associates to meet their SQDIP targets (safety, quality, delivery, inventory and productivity).
- Develop manufacturing processes and write assembly and test procedures.
- Attend pilot runs for new product introduction.
- Cooperate closely with the Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance and Production Managers to ensure the optimum design for quality products.
- help specify test equipment, operation methods, processes, and tooling for manufacture and assembly of products in a LEAN manufacturing environment.
The Lead manufacturing engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Assist with DOEs, MSAs, and Root Cause Analysis to improve existing product yields.
- In depth knowledge of machining processes, troubleshooting, new project commissioning, and strategic planning.
- Strong leadership skills of the manufacturing team with a focus on ensuring smooth manufacturing processes.
- The manufacturing engineer position is more hands on and requires off-line programming experience using NX, RCS or Hypermill. Please note this is up to full 5 axis machining.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of a manufacturing engineer with aerospace and precision engineering processes to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Nuneaton-based Aerospace company will offer you:
- Lead role around £50,000 per annum.
- Manufacturing engineer role around £40,000
- Other - such as career development etc.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of aerospace and precision engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the lead manufacturing engineer role, please contact Ryan North at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446195