Lead Test Engineer - Tewksbury
We have a challenging but career developing opportunity for a Lead Test Engineer for the Engineering Laboratory of a Multi-National aerospace company based in Tewksbury.
You will be responsible for working with other engineering departments to enable the testing of new and existing hydraulically operated products - both at system and component level.
- Provide technical leadership to engineers and technicians, planning and supervising their work to accomplish specific engineering projects.
- Review technical feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Ensure successful completion of assigned project phase within budgeted time and cost.
- Direct and support preparation of appropriate documentation, including drawings and reporting of procedures and test results.
- Help to solve difficult technical problems and issues with new and stock components and sub-systems.
- Suggest and organise suitable and relevant tests to be conducted to validate pre-emptive or corrective actions, such as vibration, pressure impulse, thermal, endurance, hydro-mechanics, testing and data acquisition.
- Liaise with specialist departments for effective operation and production of new/revised products.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills to enable strong collaboration and coordination between the testing and engineering teams.
- Previous experience in either an Aerospace or Automotive OEM or Supplier is preferred.
- Strong, hands-on, testing knowledge and skills (e.g. vibration, pressure impulse, thermal, endurance, hydro-mechanics, test control and data acquisition).
- Good leadership, supervisory / management and project planning skills
- £40,000 to £50,000 Negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Large company benefits
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192.