Job Title: Lead Hardware Engineer
Industry: Aerospace and Defence
A Lead Hardware Design Engineer is required to join the electronics engineering team within a market leading, innovative aerospace and defence technology company that specialise in high-performance systems. The Lead Hardware Engineer will have technical expertise in the design of digital, analogue or power electronic systems and subsystems in military, defence, aerospace industries.
Lead Hardware Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Circuit Analysis.
- Hardware prototyping and test.
- Concept and detailed design of analogue electronic circuits for use in complex aerospace communication systems.
- Management of external subcontractors and their input.
- Production test procedure specification.
- Production test failure support.
- Component obsolescence support.
- Root-Cause and Corrective Action investigations.
Technical Skills and Experience required for Lead Hardware Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Significant Electronics design experience within Military, Defence or Aerospace and associated standards EG DO-254.
- Expertise in digital, analogue or power electronics.
- Previous experience managing a team of engineering staff as a principal or lead engineer.
- Experience of either electronics packages susch as Altium, SPICE, SABER or VHDL etc.
- Current SC clearance is desirable
This is an excellent opportunity an electronics specialist to develop your career and work in a highly technical environment. In return for your experience, this Edinburgh based company will offer you:
- Non-standard pension scheme.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Cutting edge technology development
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Lead Hardware Engineer, please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.