Lead Engineer - Vehicle Integration - Electric Vehicle - Coventry - Perm/Contract £40k - £60k DOE
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Lead Engineer to provide technical leadership within vehicle integration for a range of hybrid battery electric vehicles.
The Vehicle Integration Engineer will be responsible for the management of the vehicles key attributes through working with the vehicle engineering team to lead cross functional technical challenges and ensure integration of the vehicle systems. They will be able to provide guidance on industry best practice and support the product development process through to production.
What you will do
- To lead the development of vehicle integration for various new vehicle platforms.
Take ownership of the vehicles key attributes and lead collaboration between the engineering teams to ensure integration of the vehicle systems to meet specifications, targets and project milestone deliverables.
Be involved in vehicle development through to the manufacture of prototype vehicles, assisting with specification and target setting
Manage resolution of technical conflicts and issues between engineering teams to agree trade-offs to best meet product level specifications.
- Work with Principal Engineers to determine the systems strategy and create a successful plan of work for each vehicle platform.
- To establish collaborative test, research and product development activities with partner organisations and suppliers.
- To manage a small team of engineers, providing supervision, mentoring and support
What you will need
- A degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Previous experience in attribute management within a production vehicle environment.
- Proven experience in Vehicle Engineering / Integration in delivery of an end to end vehicle program.
A good knowledge of automotive design, vehicle systems and technology and be familiar with key areas of body, chassis, electrical and powertrain.
Proven experience of delivering vehicle systems from a concept level.
Confident leading meetings and ability to evaluate technical problems to ensure clear direction.
Previous experience of vehicle prototype build and testing
A working knowledge of Catia would be beneficial
Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information, both in writing and verbally.
What you will get
As Lead Engineer Vehicle Integration
- Experience of working on a highly innovative EV project
- The chance to work in excellent facilities
- Competitive salary/rate and benefits
Suitably qualified and experienced Vehicle Integration Engineers should apply today by either calling Jeff Lane on +44 (0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.