- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 01 November 2021
- Job Ref: 58513
Title: Lead Engineer Underbody - 37130
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Solihull
Rate: up to £26.32/hr Ltd rate (which equals c£20.33/hr PAYE rate)
Lead Engineer, Underbody (Component and Systems Hardware) required to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of Underbody components.
Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Lead Engineers will report into the relevant Group Leaders and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, have an additional matrix report into Module Leaders.
The role requires the individual to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time whilst leading the release & validation activities across specific programmes
- Strong knowledge of injection moulding, Alu pressing & compression moulding parameters to ensure CAD is feasible and minimise supplier amendments
- Passionate for consistently delivering high quality under pressure with high complexity & variation in component types
- Methodical, considered, data driven, resilient, strong under pressure.
- Thinks about the solutions and offers options & recommendation
- Having proven experience of Engineering delivery primarily in new tool items with solid understanding of a well-Engineered product including specifications, good Engineering practise, testing, evidence & adherence to timeline
- Previous experience within engineering or homologation departments
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to new ideas and inputs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
- Understanding & working knowledge of problem solving including 8D, cause & effect & risk management
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.