- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Jeff Lane
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384446108
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: May 2022
- Expiry Date: 23 May 2022
- Job Ref: 60709
Lead Engineer - Suspension - Permanent - Coventry - £Competitive Salary DOE
I am seeking a Suspension Lead Engineer for an OEM who are renowned for their design and manufacture of luxury vehicles to the automotive industry.
The Lead Engineer Suspension will be responsible for the design, development, testing and introduction of the Suspension System Components (Springs, Dampers, Roll Control) to support a unique suspension system to meet the Vehicle Plan. Responsibilities include ensuring the content is properly specified, the supplier delivers against this specification and that the delivered system is fully verified for inclusion on a vehicle program meeting the programme requirements for quality, cost and time.
The role will require close working with the Vehicle Dynamics team and the Core Chassis teams. The Lead Engineer Suspension will report into the Chassis Manager.
What You Will Do:
As Lead Engineer Suspension;
- Lead and develop suspension components within Chassis team
- Deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time
- Own and deliver the Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
- Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
- Manage the client and supplier rig test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
- Resolve issues with component engineering and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets
- Provide input into new feature development
- Ensure all programme design solutions meet requirements
What You Will Need:
As Lead Engineer Suspension;
- Degree qualified Engineer or equivalent with relevant industry experience
- Proven technical knowledge and automotive engineering experience of Design and Development of Suspension systems and components.
- Experience of planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support system delivery
- Experience of delivering technical products through a team, utilising strong people management skills
- Experience of delivering projects in an automotive or manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and communicate at all levels
- A passion for the automotive industry and the potential of automotive technology and technical improvement
What You Will Get:
As Lead Engineer Suspension
- Employment with an OEM who are renowned for their design and manufacture of luxurious vehicles to the sector
- Work on a range of innovative EV programmes
- Personalised professional development programme
Suitably qualified and experienced Suspension Engineers should apply today by either calling Jeff Lane on +44 (0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.