Job title: Lead Engineer-Seating (Permanent or Contract)
Our Client's Engineering Research and Development department is working on exciting projects for multiple Global Automotive customers. Due to continued growth they are now recruiting for a Lead Engineer - Seating to be based in Warwick.
The Lead Engineer will be responsible for leadership of the sub system engineers and the timely delivery of all the aspects of defined seating component(s) / system(s).
As a Lead Seating Engineer you will be required to:
- Establishing the team work plan
- Ensuring progress is made by following up actions with their owners.
- Publishing minutes from each meeting
- Ensuring that the engineering sub-system delivers its objectives and targets (technical and business)
- Ensuring that programme timing objectives are met
- Communicating team progress to management
- Ensuring the effective application of APQP to manage system/ component delivery
- Ensuring vehicle builds are supported with parts at the required level
- Ensuring that issues are addressed and closed off
- Ensuring that issues that cannot be resolved are escalated to Module Leader
- Identifying all risks to the programme.
As a Lead Seating Engineer you will be/have:
- Proven project management capability demonstrated by recent delivery on time & budget.
- Engineering knowledge of defined component(s) / system(s) design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements
- Excellent communications skills, demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels,
- PC Literacy: Microsoft Project, Power Point, Excel, Word etc
- Significant experience in use of engineering tools FMEA, Six Sigma, problem resolution etc.
- Successful history of delivery within the automotive and military sector
- Degree in relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Ideally CAD Literacy: ability to manipulate and interrogate CAD data and use associated visualisation tools.
In return for bringing your expertise, this Client will offer a competitive salary or hourly rate along with excellent benefits including:
- Pension Scheme - We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
- 25 Days Holiday
If you have knowledge of delivering design programs (ideally within the seating and/or interior trim arena) and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about this role, please contact Chiara Caterisano at Jonathan Lee Recruitment