£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Lead Engineer (Quality, Improvements & Strategy )
£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
QMS, Management, Leadership, Improvements, Communication, NPI, DVP, RMDV, PCDS, IATF, Design, Development, Implementation
Want to work for a forward-thinking organisation that provide advanced solutions to some of the automotive industries most challenging technical problems within the development of new vehicles and platforms? We are looking for an experienced and innovative Lead Engineer (Quality, Improvement & Strategy) who has the ability to review and improve Quality Management Systems to meet strategic demands and new product development programmes, supporting facilities within the UK and Asia whilst dealing with client and supplier needs.
The role of Lead Engineer (Quality, Improvement & Strategy) will be to lead all areas of quality and operational improvement within a research and development arena, looking at how processes, systems and departments interact and deliver new products within the automotive sector. This will involve communication with cross functional teams both in the UK and Asia, (internal and external) while embracing the strategic requirements and objectives to identify areas for improvement across all facets of the business.
As a Lead Engineer (Quality, Improvement & Strategy) your main responsibilities will include;
- Manage all aspects of Quality strategy & engineering process development, governance & best practice to ensure the development & deployment of a World Class QMS
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) system & process development along with Requirements Management system & process development (RMDV2)
- Support Engineering Sign Off (ESO), Final Data Judgement (FDJ) & Design Verification Planning (DVP) system & process development
- Ensure all Quality Management System (QMS), ISO9001, IATF16949 compliance management, ISO 26262 Functional Safety Processes and best practices are fit for purpose and adhered to moving forward
- Identify quality engineering improvement opportunities to enable the successful implementation of new technology across the business
- Identify opportunities to improve quality capability & performance
- Define & lead quality improvement programmes, projects & initiatives across the engineering & new product development (NPI domain)
- Development & achievement of World Class Quality strategic objectives
- Planning & deployment of new product programme requirements management systems & processes (RMDV2)
- Project management status monitoring & reporting
- QMS, ISO9001 & IATF16949 compliance management
- Sharing of business quality best practice & process mapping
As a Lead Engineer (Quality, Improvement & Strategy) you will bring to the role:
- Demonstrates appropriate depth of knowledge within QMS to include IATF 16949, ISO9001 & ISO26262, ideally within a product design & development or new product launch arena
- Excellent analytical and planning skills being able to identify areas for improvement within QMS and influence cross functional and cross border teams to understand and embrace any required changes
- Effective leadership in managing processes and procedures to meet strategic objectives
- Capable of defining, developing, and managing a project autonomously with minimal need for support to delivery strategic plans within QMS
- Exposure or a working knowledge of DVP, RMDV, NPI, PCDS, ESO, Requirements Management and Systems Integration would be a distinct advantage
- Strong problem solving and coordination skills used to deliver critical projects with time and budgetary constraints.
- Strong communication skills having the ability to build relationships and pull together cross functional teams to ensure effective solutions are provided within all areas of Quality, PD and NPI
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of leading the strategic development and implementation of QMS as a stand along individual being able to influence areas such as product design, development, innovation and new product launch and are seeking a highly innovative company that will provide career progress and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Lead Engineer (Quality, Improvements & Strategy) role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.